Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewport not zooming when 'Wheel' ball is used on mouse

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
195 Views, 2 Replies

Viewport not zooming when 'Wheel' ball is used on mouse

I've just got a new mouse, an Eclipse MobileMouse, which instead of a wheel has a 360-degree ball, like the apple Mighty Mouse. I can use this to scroll vertically in all apps, and it will also allow me to scroll menus in 3ds Max. However, I cannot use it to zoom in my viewport (as you would normally by using a conventional wheel).

Given that I use 3ds Max a lot the lack of this functionality is very irritating. Does anyone know if this is a known problem, or is there a way of making this work in any way?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
doug_bowker_3D
in reply to: Anonymous

Check your settings in the mouse software. It may be set for something Max does not recognize. I just got a new mouse too and had to set the scroll wheel to "Generic" (not scroll, or middle button or anything you'd think) which allows applications to control what it does. It did not affect how it worked with other programs. Maybe yours is the same case.
Doug Bowker
www.douglasbowker-motiongraphics.com
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestion, I've got a piece of software that allows you to customise mouse buttons, but it doesn't seem to identify moving the ball as being a wheel action (yet it works on every other application...)... Didn't realise that CTRL-ALT-Middle button does the same though, but it's still a bit annoying 😕

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report