Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATING INSTANCES PROGRESS TIME IS KILLING MEEEE, HELP PLEASE

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
8317 Views, 2 Replies

UPDATING INSTANCES PROGRESS TIME IS KILLING MEEEE, HELP PLEASE

Hello again guys

I was working on a large scene, with many vray proxies (cars and trees), some rpc objects, and everything was fine, render time was 10-15 min per frame, but now suddently times start to increase up to 30-40 min per frame! and it shows a progress bar "UPDATING INSTANCES" that takes a lot to finish 😞

I haven't added new objets on scene, only copied (cloned) same trees and cars as instances and so on.

I have turned off layers containing objects, but is not working.

Does anybody know how to fix it? there is a way to know which objet is a copy from original?
kind of tree or subtree for objects?
improve memory behavior?, delete instanced objets? which is the difference to clone an object as instance or reference? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :'(

maxdesign 2010 x64, vista x64 vray sp5

thanks guys!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
GVC1123
in reply to: Anonymous

Had a similar problem in my scene. It turns out I had a ton of instanced modifiers (not objects) that were causing it. It was a VRayDisplacement mod. Turning it off immediately got the scene back to rendering normal speed.

I realize this help is coming a bit late 😉 but perhaps someone else may happen across this thread and find it useful.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

hey!

And I know this second reply is very late, but today I had same problem on same workstation, try to find a solution and inmediately show this result.

Well people, our friend GVC was right, the problem on my case, is a VRAYDisplacement mod, turning it off, scene is pretty fine now.

My friend, whenever you are, your reply helped me a lot, and this time, you had the solution on time, very fast time...
🙂

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report