Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwrapping Buildings

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
paul
345 Views, 1 Reply

Unwrapping Buildings

I'm modelling a building for a game and would like a single material on the building.

Currently the building in completely solid, but has indentations for windows and doors etc.

I'm just wondering what the best way to Unwrap this would be, because when I use the Unwrap tool it creates hundreds of faces and I don't know which is which for the purpose of texturing.

Is there an easier way to unwrap so that, for example, adjacent faces are kept together?

Thanks

Paul
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
kanga007
in reply to: paul

Go to the main menu in 3dsmax and click on the help. Navigate to tutorials and open them, they will open in a browser. Although there is a great tutorial on modeling facades it will be better for you to go to

Materials and Mapping Tutorials

Controlling a Texture with Unwrap UVW

http://download.autodesk.com/us/3dsmax/2011/help/index.html
In this tutorial we are fitting the uvs of the model to a premade image. If you are doing textures for games it is better to fit the textures to the uvs of the model because you will be using every pixel of available space on your map to give you maximum resolution for the area you have available.

Have fun dude. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report