Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwrap UVW weld vertice issue.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
redregon
5862 Views, 2 Replies

Unwrap UVW weld vertice issue.

I've got to do some welding with the vertices in the Unwrap UVW where I am welding vertices together to line them up. I'm doing this because I'm layering multiple UVs over each other (such as the case with symmetrical objects) so as to save texture space.

I was told that target-weld would be the tool to use but it's not allowing anything other than verticies that match on the model space to be welded. 

This is a bit of a problem for me since I need the UVs to be as lined up as I can for these symmetrical elements and the workflow that I was told would work is not. 

Is there a setting that I've missed that prevents the Unwrap UVW modifier from allowing verticies to be welded together that don't share the same actual vertice on the model itself?... Or is this a bug of some sort? (I have no idea.)

It's the 2014 version.

EDIT: Barring that, is there a way to snap one vertice to another on the Unwrap UVW editor window?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ekahennequet
in reply to: redregon

Hi. You can't weld UV vertices if they don't share the same vertices on the model. If you want to line them up, you can use the Align tools found in Quick Transform rollout in UV Editor window. Otherwise, you can individually snap UV vertex using the Grid Snap turned on (bottom-right in UV Editor).

http://docs.autodesk.com/3DSMAX/16/ENU/3ds-Max-Help/files/GUID-9E98AEAC-F06F-4FAD-9091-DCD30AC9BB26....

Message 3 of 3

as people have been searching this for a while and autodesk folks keep preaching it isnt possible or shouldn't be possible

run this script

$.modifiers[#Unwrap_UVW].weldOnlyShared = false

and it works again

cheers

www.airborn-studios.com
we do art.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report