Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble uninstalling Max 2009.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
167 Views, 4 Replies

Trouble uninstalling Max 2009.

Hi. I’ve been trying to uninstall 3ds Max 2009 for many reasons which I’d rather not get into detail about at this time. When I go to Add or Remove Programs, I press remove and it begins to uninstall as it seems, but it then pops up “Internal Error 2753.” and then outputs what seems to be random numbers. When I press OK, it says “Fatal error during installation.” Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dongray
in reply to: Anonymous

If you have it on disk run the uninstaller from the disk.
If it is a demo (what I would do, since it will not uninstall normally)
delete the root folder, reboot and run a reliable registry cleaner to remove related links from the registry.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

If you have it on disk run the uninstaller from the disk.
If it is a demo (what I would do, since it will not uninstall normally)
delete the root folder, reboot and run a reliable registry cleaner to remove related links from the registry.

Alright, I'll try to find my disc. I have it buried here somewhere ha. I'll report what happens here.
Message 4 of 5
dongray

If the installation has been damaged you may even have to run a repair before you can uninstall it.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Nope, I got the same error. I'll try doing it in safe mode, and if that doesn't work should I try the registry method anyways (it's retail, not trial)?

Edit: Wow, this is a bit weird, but it didn't work in safe mode. But, when I rebooted into normal mode, it worked fine with the cd. Thank you very much for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report