Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store Undo History Buffer

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Cpt.HanSolo
429 Views, 2 Replies

Store Undo History Buffer

Is there a way to store/save the temporary undo history buffer with the working scene? I wish to record my progress throughout the project. Undo history would have been great to use if one could retrieve all undo history at anytime later on.

I tried to use 3ds max its own macro recorder. It interprets every execution somewhat correct. But it makes many mistakes too. It will take up too much time to correct these errors. It seems that the macro recorder has its limitations for this type of use.

Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Cpt.HanSolo

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BenBisares
in reply to: Cpt.HanSolo

To my knowledge there's no way to permanently store the Undo buffer.

How exactly do you wish to record your progress? At the moment I think one possible solution is to use Screencast (https://screencast.autodesk.com/)

If you look at any of the videos there you'll that it can record the mouse movement/clicks and commands you use. With certain Autodesk programs (not 3ds Mac at the moment unfortunately) it will even log the exact functions you are using.

Ben Bisares
Message 3 of 3
spacefrog_
in reply to: Cpt.HanSolo

To record your scene change step by step is exactly what State Sets are for

Have a deep look into them , nowadays ( Max 2015 ) they seem to be a lot more stable than when they were released

At least people using them reported that ...

Josef Wienerroither
Software Developer & 3d Artist Hybrid

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report