Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still no news about 3ds Max 2017?

293 REPLIES 293
Message 1 of 294
antonioholly
15228 Views, 293 Replies

still no news about 3ds Max 2017?

As you can read in my note at beginning of last year "Still no news about 3dsMax 2016" there are some important conclusions. One of them is possitive: Autodesk came with a new 3ds Max 2016 with important improvements...yes. Comparing to their previous releases is was impressionant. Comparing to Maya..comparing to 'free' Blender'? ..hmm. For 'psysics' sims, fluids, smoke etc..there was nothing included. So Max users had to wait for another year. Hopefully Autodesk decides to include Naiad in Max as they did in Maya and perhaps with some advancements. That's what I should do..the one year better for Maya the other year better for Max, so that all potential customers and existing users stay in the 'Autodesk' camp. If they don't...I garantee, not max will loose, not Maya will winn, but' s Autodesk who will loose the marketplace. As with most of Marketleaders they get arrogant as some points. They decides to kill some competences of people (Combustion, Edit, Max, Toxik, Composite e.a.) buy competitors and promote it as new products. Not saying it's wrong to buy in new technology to accelerate plug ins of an existing product. As long as your efforts in training are garanteed for a lifetime. In the nineties Discreet and even Autodesk where beloved companies. Not any more now. O contrary...So I can understand the users are aware now and begging for 'Bitfrost' or even better in Max2017, I can understand they never will move to Maya, I can understand If necesary the will rather move to competitors paid or free..Max need to be revamped asap including everything possible..kratatoa, thinkbox, bitfrost and other good FX tools. If not..goodbye Autodesk.

293 REPLIES 293
Message 281 of 294
Isaac_Zuniga
in reply to: antonioholly

Never thought I'd be coming back here, but uh, can someone help me with an issue in 3ds Max 2017?

Fog in general, as an environment effect, doesn't seem to work for the new ART render engine, nor do the standard lights, so it seems...

Is this intentional or just an unfinished issue/error/bug?

Need help? Need to contact Autodesk? Click on the link below!

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/contact-support/technical-support
Message 282 of 294
Artimous
in reply to: Isaac_Zuniga

fluids might come to max in 2017 extension 1or 2 so start praying 🙂 

Message 283 of 294
Artimous
in reply to: Artimous

as my previous post i always asked solid bridges between max and third party app  like 3Dequaliser Nuke Afx and if they can get Solid Angle Arni why not Chaos Group Vray??? open the competition by offering 2 production renderes arni and vray and let us decide what we want and sub that in a packge 

Message 284 of 294
spacefrog_

@Artimous wrote:

as my previous post i always asked solid bridges between max and third party app  like 3Dequaliser Nuke Afx and if they can get Solid Angle Arni why not Chaos Group Vray??? open the competition by offering 2 production renderes arni and vray and let us decide what we want and sub that in a packge 

I think it's worlds better to leave Vray in the hands of chaosgroup and let them decide about at which pace new vray releases are coming - no ?

Josef Wienerroither
Software Developer & 3d Artist Hybrid
Message 285 of 294
Artimous
in reply to: spacefrog_

lol frog 😄 u might be right xD 

IMHO autodesk is focused not in developing softwares but buying other softwares and plugins , but in other way thats a good move so nobody else can buy it 😛 and now Max can get its Arni by ext 2 or in 2018   but my best bet is VRAY since it has wide and vast in terms of model lib mat lib and gives results (with lots and lots of tweaks) 😛 arni on other hand is nxt lvl never seen arch viz done in Arni although i would love to do so . or adsk might give Arni extra dose of meds to work on ArchViz 😄 lets wait and watch 

Message 286 of 294
Artimous

years after years max is still waiting RFB to get passes built in it still new RFB pops up for pass/passes is that really hard to incorporate???or expensive for that matter???? one year is too much for such a small fix .  

i must ask whoever is on dev team for max please be open to us, this fix i am asking is uber small fix asked over years make one like Vray VFB. whats the point giving same RFB every year  ???

Message 287 of 294
sebastian___
in reply to: spacefrog_

Does anyone know if the new 3ds max viewport can have active screen space AO ?

Currently there's only the progressive refining version where you have to wait a second for the AO to start redrawing and then you move the camera or an object, the AO disappears and then you wait a second, and then again the AO starts to redraw. Almost like a constant screen flicker, while you are working. It can be annoying, not to mention that I think in 3ds max 2011 it was always on, function that you can have even today if you switch to an older direct 3d view, but you lose nitrous and the new speed and other new stuff.

While Maya viewport has that and fog always on. And I think depth of field too. I was under the impression that 3ds max was supposed to be the program with the fancy viewport stuff, used for previs, and not maya.

Any news about matching viewport options with maya ?

Message 288 of 294
jens.diemer
in reply to: sebastian___

I downloaded 2017 from subscription center and get this hashes:

Autodesk_3ds_Max_2017_EFGJKPS_Win_64bit_002_002.sfx.exe
sha1: 192904e5d79f6efb6e2b782c36a7932a52612716
md5: 8092187af388dafbb3a5796161cfddc1
sha256: 6c792534dab1287ca894d453d6cfbb36ffd5ba7bad02c138e3c58566235dd81a

Autodesk_3ds_Max_2017_EFGJKPS_Win_64bit_001_002.sfx.exe
sha1: 3093cde89c56fec87c7cf240a950959d7d7e35b5
md5: 4df9eaca551bb45137137ae39ab5bb92
sha256: 697229dff762fde7fdf2b4c62199da2232f2bb0d4413cf5ec2eb435f4a4d0a75

Can somebody confirm?!?

Jens

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://github.com/jedie/3dsmax_bugs | https://github.com/jedie/3dsmax_patches
Message 289 of 294
jens.diemer
in reply to: antonioholly

Good start:

Unbenannt.PNG

Log %temp%\3dsMax_2017_Setup.log ends with: Install    Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86)    Succeeded

EDIT: I started the setup a second time and it works. Strange!

Jens

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 290 of 294
jens.diemer
in reply to: jens.diemer

I tried to start the MR DBR service, but it didn't start... Can somebody confirm this?!?

Jens

Message 291 of 294

I seem to recall that fog/environment effects don't work in it when it was talked about in a previous blog.

Message 292 of 294

Would you mind telling me where I can find this post? So far I've been searching and I haven't found any other posts about the fog issue except my own. (Either that or I suck at using the search bar.)

Similar to the fog not working in ART, neither do the standard default lights that 3ds Max has. They work in scanline, same with the fog, but not with ART.

(Just tested volumetric effects with lights inside of ART. That's broken too, even with the photometric lights.)

Need help? Need to contact Autodesk? Click on the link below!

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/contact-support/technical-support
Message 293 of 294
fbyrne
in reply to: Isaac_Zuniga

In a physically based render engine, what are the physical attributes of fog (without getting into chaos theory) ?

Message 294 of 294
Discussion_Admin
in reply to: fbyrne

Hi everyone

This thread now has so may topics in here that it's impossible to follow.

I am sure there are many comments and question upcoming on the new release

I am however closing this thread to new replies please feel free start new threads ( one topic only please Smiley Happy) and lets try to not hijack any of them

Thanks for your understanding

Discussion_Admin

I am going to split off the last two or three posts here into a new thread

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report