Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scale with reference

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
edelsang
5094 Views, 3 Replies

scale with reference

hello.

I wanna use Evermotion objects but those arent fit my scene beacuse of measurement. I want to use Scale command. is there anyway to use scale command with References like Autocad does. there is Door model and its height is 90cm I need 200cm . I could not fit it.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
PROH
in reply to: edelsang

Hi. First important thing: Never ever use the scale tool on object level. It will cause a lot of trouble in your work later. If you use the scale tool use it on sub-object level.

Second: there might be a script that does what you want on Scriptspot.com or other places, but since you know the present hight as well as the wanted hight Max offers you another solution - the "Rescale World Units" utility (Utility tab, press "more", select "Rescale World Units", press OK). It gives you the option to rescale the scene or the selection with an editable scale factor. Beware that the end result doesn't always show correct in the viewport after the operation, so after rescale you must save the scene and reopen it again to see the correct result (make a safety copy before using this function).

Hope it helps

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 3 of 4
Stefan_L
in reply to: edelsang

In addition to PROHs comment:

This looks like the typical imperial/metric conversion. Think of 90inch x 2,54cm/inch = 228,60cm.

So your scale factor would be 254%. On sub-object level! 🙂

--
Stefan

i7-2600 @ 3,4GHz, 32GB Ram,
512+128GB SSDs + 2x500GB HD
GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB + GTX 980 4GB
latest Driver (almost always)
Win7ProX64 SP1
Message 4 of 4
PROH
in reply to: Stefan_L

Yes, it does look like an inches to cm scale. If that's the case then there is a simpler method:

1) Open the file cotaining the model you want to use (your house)

2) Make sure that both System Units and Display Units are set to "inches". Save it and close it.

3) Open the file you want your model to be merged into, and make sure that both System units and Display Units are set to centimeter.

4) In the System Units Setup dialog check "Respect System Units in files", and save your file.

5) Choose Import > Merge > select your model file (house) > open. In the dialog box that opens now, you select the objects to be merged and press "OK"

Now your model is imported with correct scale.

Hope it helps.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report