Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ribbons

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Jim_Earle
148 Views, 2 Replies

Ribbons

I was recently looking in the help files for 3DS and noticed that my Graphite Ribbon Modeling Tools Ribbon is different than what they showed in the illustration. I've added a screen shot of what mine looks like. I have tried everything I can think of to try to get this to load correctly. I have even uninstalled and re installed the program. It appears that there should be many more panels on this ribbon tab (Modify Selection, Edit, Polygons, Etc.) I only have the polygon modeling panel. Any suggestions on how I can get this set up correctly with all the tolls in the correct locations?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Jim_Earle

I think the Ribbon is context sensitive, so it will only show functions available to the current object.

Try making a box and converting it to an Editable Poly. This should enable the polygon edit tools.

Alex
Message 3 of 3
Jim_Earle
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks. You were absolutely correct. Appreciate the help, very new to the program and I'm trying to teach myself 😕 Thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report