Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Render selected object with shadows

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
1343 Views, 0 Replies

Render selected object with shadows

First, I'm using the default scanline renderer (not vray). Using 3dsMax 2012.

I have various scenes already built. I need to select certain objects in these scenes and render them out individually and save them as PNG's with an alpha channel. Now that part I'm able to do -- I select the item I need to render, set Area to Render to "Selected", hit Render, and then save it as a PNG with alpha.

However when using this method, I lose all shadow information from the rest of the scene. In other words, when rendering selected object only, I don't get any of the cast shadows from the rest of the scene cast onto that object.

Is there any way to render only the selected object, but with the shadow information from the rest of the scene baked in, as if it were there? I would think there's a simple way to do this that I'm somehow missing. I just need to render selected objects with the shadows from the scene (as if I were rendering the whole thing) but I still need to be able to save out individual objects to alpha'd PNGs.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report