Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing objects from Container - breaks skeletons!

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Gatestormer
483 Views, 0 Replies

Removing objects from Container - breaks skeletons!

Hello all,

I learnt about Containters a few weeks back from one of University lecturers, they sounded like a great tool so I went and stored two of my character models within Containers and all seemed to be working fine. 

However, I've now got a situation where I would like to remove the mesh and bones from the container so I can have the standard Max files again. I can remove all of the mesh objects without any issue but removing the bone skeleton totally ruins it, and not in any consistent way either - sometimes the legs will break, sometimes the spine and arms. I've tried to just select the mesh and bones and save selected, but that also saves out the container. I can only access these models by inheriting content from the .maxc files.

I refuse to believe this isn't doable, there must be a way to get the character out of the container intact. Am I doing something wrong? Would really appreciate some help. 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report