Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Material Editor 3ds Max Design 2014

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sonnenstein
2157 Views, 6 Replies

Problem Material Editor 3ds Max Design 2014

I've recently started a problem with 3ds Max Mat-Editor. The materials are arbitrarily shown black shaded.
Screenshot:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kjgp1h3t3btzvqs/ZPkzPD9EOa

I think that this started after I recently installed the demo of VRay 3. The problem only occurs with mental ray activated as production+matedit-renderer. I've tried everything in the MatEdit Options. Sometimes the problem disappears after clicking on any material sample slot or after switching between 3x2 and 6x4 view, but it appeared after a few seconds again to. I could also imagine that there is any problem with cache/memory. But I know not how I could solve it. I have not found this in Slate-view, because I use this rarely.

Thanks in advance. Andreas

My System: Core i7 4930K, 32 GB RAM, Quadro K2000, Win 7 64, 3ds Max Design 2014

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Stefan_L
in reply to: sonnenstein

Looks like "Top Light" is disabled (but not in every slot!?)

MatEditOptions.jpg

Grüße aus Dortmund 🙂

--
Stefan

i7-2600 @ 3,4GHz, 32GB Ram,
512+128GB SSDs + 2x500GB HD
GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB + GTX 980 4GB
latest Driver (almost always)
Win7ProX64 SP1
Message 3 of 7
sonnenstein
in reply to: Stefan_L

Thank you Stefan.
But its not the reason. As I said, I tried every switch in the MatEdit options - no change. From time to time the slots look randomly OK, but just for seconds. I can not detect whats the cause. Because some of project-scenes are very big (more than 100 mb) with a lot of materials used, I supposed memory issues. But if so - how to fix?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: sonnenstein

Hello Stefan .. Im facing a weird problem with my 3ds max ...none of the materials are displayed in my material editor except for one particular file where I get all the materials...but if I open a new 3ds max file create an object n try to assign a material to it no materials are being shown..pls help 😞
Message 5 of 7
Aldo_3d
in reply to: Anonymous

I have a similar problem, I have 3ds Max 2014 and V-Ray 3.2, this week I installed V-Ray 3.3 and the problem appear with material spheres and with the browser, looks duplicated, even I have uninstalled everything and and I have all the hardware updated and SP5, and nothing, I can't fix this 😕error.jpg

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Aldo_3d

Hi Aldo, im having the same problem, did you fix it? thank you

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Aldo_3d

same issuse is there any solution

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report