Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preserve UV´s hotkey

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
artemh
3835 Views, 5 Replies

Preserve UV´s hotkey

Hello,

I have been searching for this for a while and just cant find anywhere. In Customize user interface menu option for setting hotkey for "Preserve UV´s" toggle. I doubt if it eaven exist.. I managed to make custom toolbar and added there two buttons for "$.preserveUVs = off" and "$.preserveUVs = on" but I would like to have it in my custom shift + rclick quad menu. Also having two buttons for this seems abit wierd. Could someone help me how i can make Quad menu or just set hotkey for Preserve UV´s. I use it a lot. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Steve_Curley
in reply to: artemh

You have to define a MacroScript correctly, and execute it, which will make it available in the Customise UI dialog so you can add it to a Menu or toolbar or quad menu or assign a shortcut to it.
Start here because you need to get that part right first.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 6
RGhost77

macroScript myScript category:"myScripts"
(
	if selection.count == 1 then
	(
		try ( if     selection[1].preserveUVs == off then selection[1].preserveUVs = on else selection[1].preserveUVs = off)catch()
	)	
)

something like should be...

Royal Ghost | veda3d.com
Message 4 of 6
artemh
in reply to: RGhost77

Thanks for the reply. That seems a bit complicated. I am not so much into max script. Didnt get that script to work. 

Message 5 of 6
RGhost77

1. Save this code to text file

2. Rename to myscript.mcr

3. Maxscript ->Run script (or drag .mcr to viewport)

4. Customize ->Customize User interface -> Category -> myScripts -> myScript (assign hotkey/qud/button or else)

Royal Ghost | veda3d.com
Message 6 of 6
artemh
in reply to: RGhost77

Thanks, It works. It is a huge help for me. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report