Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibly Silly Question About Populate Meshes

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
richie_hodgson
379 Views, 5 Replies

Possibly Silly Question About Populate Meshes

Hi

I am looking at grabbing a couple of meshes via populate to rigg and animate as I want for a bit of an experiment. Will the mesh remember its materials or skin map if I move it to another scene?

Richie
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
BenBisares
in reply to: richie_hodgson

One issue I can think off the top of my head is that there is a issue with 2015 where the textures which are saved in "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMaxDesign\2015 - 64bit\ENU\temp\Populate" are lost once the original scene is closed. This only happens when using Max.mentalray, DesignVIZ.mentalray, or DesignVIZ.iray for the "Custom UI and Defaults Switcher".

It's being looked at by development.

Of course you could always go in that folder, copy the pertinent texture(s) and then repath them in the new scene.

Ben Bisares
Message 3 of 6
PROH
in reply to: BenBisares

Hi Ben. What about saving as Archive (zip). Will the maps be part of the package, or will they still be lost?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 4 of 6
BenBisares
in reply to: PROH

PROH wrote:
Hi Ben. What about saving as Archive (zip). Will the maps be part of the package, or will they still be lost?

Good question. In theory it should be fine and I just tried it out and it works. Basically if things are displaying correctly when you make the archive then it should be the same when opening later.

Ben Bisares
Message 5 of 6
richie_hodgson

Hi, thanks for the Archive hint, I missed that on the training and havent been particularly observent on the saving options. I was wondering if there was an equivalent to Pack and Go in AutoCAD speek.

Richie
Message 6 of 6
PROH

Thanks.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report