Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking trouble Max 2017

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
NOY_CS
496 Views, 7 Replies

Picking trouble Max 2017

Hi,

i got lot of very hard time to pick objects or in particular sub-object on 3ds Max 2017,

the only working solution for me was to set back to the old OpenGl.

some one else ? may be better solution ?

i am using a Nvidia GTX 770.

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfred.DeFlaminis
in reply to: NOY_CS

Hello @NOY_CS,

3ds Max 2017 SP2 just recently came out which has a lot of updates and functionality improvements. You may try to upgrade to the new service pack and see if this solves any of your problems.  Use the Autodesk Desktop Application to update your 3dsmax installation automatically.  If it does not, could you please attach a file with the issue and a quick explanation and I'd be happy to look into it for you.

Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question. This lets me know that I was effective in helping you, and thank you for doing so.

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 8
NOY_CS
in reply to: Alfred.DeFlaminis

SP2 installed this morning,
Firsts tests seems to be ok, but i did not try very long, will see. Thx
Message 4 of 8
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hi @NOY_CS,

That is great to hear.  I had a scene myself with a similar issue that was resolved by SP2.  Hope it works out for you and let me know if you have any problems.  Have a great week!

Best Regards,

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 8
NOY_CS
in reply to: Alfred.DeFlaminis

hi,

with more new projects

the probleme seems to be still there on subobjects, some time its impossible to select some parts,

there is no real solution, just turn arround ant try to pick again.

i have noted a other bug with picking, if i switch to openGL, sometime the picking with vertex snap make crash,

then try to snap will alawys crash 3ds

Message 6 of 8
gandhics

you may try this

NitrousGraphicsManager.HardwareHitTestEnabled = false

Message 7 of 8
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @NOY_CS,

I have entered this issue into the bug tracker and if any new information comes in I will update you in this thread.  Hopefully Gandhics solution has an effect, and if it does please let me know.  

The current posted workaround is to select a bit left or right and drag across the polys, but if you have a scene file where this isn't working please attach it or part of it and I will add this to the attachments in the tracker.  Thank you very much for doing so.

Best Regards,

Message 8 of 8
NOY_CS
in reply to: gandhics

@gandhics Thx i will have oportunity to test this durring next weeks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report