Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Software

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
317 Views, 4 Replies

Old Software

In order to use some very old plugins i'm trying to track down older versions of 3DS.

Does anyone know where I could buy/download/get any of the following versions of max?

• 3DS Max 2.54
  • 3DS Max 5
  • 3DS R4

On an unrelated note is there any documentation on the plugin system for these old versions?  Or any way to convert the plugins up to a different version of 3DS Max that I could find?

Thanks a ton,

Justin.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

In order to use some very old plugins i'm trying to track down older versions of 3DS.

Does anyone know where I could buy/download/get any of the following versions of max?

• 3DS Max 2.54
  • 3DS Max 5
  • 3DS R4

Thanks a ton,

Justin.

legally buy them no

Autodesk/resellers only sell 2015

if your buying them they are most likely pirated

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

If there are no legal avenues to aquire older versions of the software what do you recommend for getting old plugins working on 2015?

Message 4 of 5
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

Assuming you have the source code to the plugins, find a PC capable of running Win 98 or 2K, then find the correct compilers required to recompile. Presumably the necessary details are contained in the SDK for each release (never installed it so I don't know for sure).
Depends on what the plugins are - www.maxplugins.de has some old stuff which they maintain - have a look there first.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Alright will do.

Thanks for the info!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report