Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

objects disappear

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
716 Views, 2 Replies

objects disappear

When I turn on shadow or realistic mode in 3ds max objects disappear, but it will show again when I select the object. How can I fix this? in render it comes out fine.

I've treid alot and google can't show me the solution. I'm a student and my teather can't help me. It's also hepening to classmates and nobody knows why...

1.png

1.png3.png

Using 3ds max 2015

Thanks

PS: I've already tried the block at the bottom with the blue back ground. It changes nothing. (adaptive degradation)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Stefan_L
in reply to: Anonymous

There are some threads with similar problems, different reasons and some (partial) solutions.

Maybe switching off Improve Quality Progressively under Views/Viewport Configuration.../Display Performance helps, but this is not the cause, it only hides the symptoms.

Maybe you need to flip some face normals, maybe the objects are scaled wrong (try Reset XForm), maybe it's a material issue...

--
Stefan

i7-2600 @ 3,4GHz, 32GB Ram,
512+128GB SSDs + 2x500GB HD
GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB + GTX 980 4GB
latest Driver (almost always)
Win7ProX64 SP1
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

thx Stefan_L,
I discovered yesterday it was the 'adaptive degradation' button, but it only works if I start 3ds max in administrator mode...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report