Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no x-ray 3ds max design 2014

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1341 Views, 5 Replies

no x-ray 3ds max design 2014

Sup guys! i am doing the P-47 tutorial but on the Add detail to the air intake: I need to do the show on X-RAY but then when i pressed ALT+X nothing happened. need help please.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

Should just work. Check that you haven't managed to reassign Alt+X to something else.
Customise > Customise User Interface, Keyboard tab, click in the Hotkey entry field, hold Alt and press X. It should say "Display as See-Through toggle".

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Yes, that what it say's.what i am doing is, select the parts then press and hold ALT+X. nothing happened? am i doing wrong here?

Message 4 of 6
Steve_Curley

Only thing I can think of is that you have Max Design, I don't, and there are many differences in default settings between the two. One notable difference is they way Design users Layers, so I would check to see if you have Layer settings which are preventing the Object settings being used.

Right-Click the object > Object Properties. If most of the options are "greyed out" than the object is using the properties of the layer it is on. Try clicking the "By Layer" button in the Display Properties section. That will allow the Object settings to take precedence, noting that one of those properties is "See-Through"...

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Yes your right now it's xray. thanks. now is there a way that i can adjust the tranparency?

Message 6 of 6
Steve_Curley

Not that I know of. I have a Standard Material set up with animated opacity - 0 to 100 over 6 frames - precisely because SeeThrough is either on or off. Just scrub the timeslider to the most appropriate position. Only for use while modeling, of course 😉

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report