Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 3DS Max is extreamly slow and UI is broken. (Unusable State)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
383 Views, 4 Replies

My 3DS Max is extreamly slow and UI is broken. (Unusable State)

Hi there,

Currently this issue has occured for the past 2 weeks and i've trying every possible solution known on google and forum sites to counter this issue and im just at a loss with it. Reinstalling - Doesn't work,  Reseting user profile - Doesn't work,  Backdating Graphics drivers to before the issue occured - Doesn't work. and many more :/. If anyone can shed some light on this problem please let me know asap as im currently in university and i'm relyant on using this software for my studies.

An image is provided 😛

Notice how most of the buttons are missing, not to mention it takes around 2mins just to load that far in, let alone load in projects and imports. Only when i click where the buttons should be do they reveal themselves but once i click else where they swiftly hide themselves again or just don't work as intended.

ss (2016-02-11 at 07.46.49).png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
eric.paris
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, what's your full system specs, graphic card driver version, Windows version. What is your level of service pack installed for your 3ds Max? Have you tried to change your display drivers for an older one in 3ds Max(customize, viewports, display drivers)?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: eric.paris

System Specs -
CPU: i7 4790k
GPU: AMD Radeon 290X
RAM: 16GB 2133mhz
HDD: 1TB 6400rpm
PSU: 650W Gold

Driver Version - AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 (Was Crimson 16.1 but tryed to fix with downgrade)

Windows 8.1

Service packs i'm unsure of tryed to install levels 1 and 2 but didn't work just refused to finish installing.

Trying the display driver switching now. Thank you for your response 🙂
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Changing the drivers in viewport had no effect either.
Message 5 of 5
eric.paris

Here's your card on the hardware certification page: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534&results=1&stype=graphic&produ...

Not certified or recommended but it looks like this is a good card, hard to say.

Maybe you could try the drivers provided on this page for your card. Click your card in the list and on the next page click download drivers. I also suggest to try a clean install of your drivers, here's a link to the procedure: https://community.amd.com/thread/180667

Note that i can't confirm this procedure because i don't have an AMD card but a clean install is always a good practices when you have some problems. With Nvidia, you have an option to clean install during the setup.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report