Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse behavior changed in 2008

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
118 Views, 4 Replies

Mouse behavior changed in 2008

I am using a logitech mx700 with the latest drivers. The lates iTouch is also installed, but I don't have any customizations, so the mouse 'should' act as a Microsoft mouse.

Under MAX 9, the center wheel zooms and the center button pans.

Under 2k8 the wheel still zooms, but the center button does not pan. It still zooms when held down and the mouse is moved.

I want the same behavior as Max 9. Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

New mouse comes with Horizantal and vertical scroll, and that's bit of an issue with Panning. I had face this problem before. one way to minimize it is to Deactivate the Vertical scroll in mouse properrties.

another tip is that before panning with Max, Click MMB and hold it for few seconds and then Pan.

Hope it helps.

Golmaal
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Just to follow up on this. I reinstalled XP and MAX2008 but did not install the Logitech mouse drivers or their iTouch software. The viewports now behave properly, so the issue is with Loitech software.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

WIth logitech mice you have to go into the logitech software and set up the button control for each piece of software. Meaning you need to add the new max.exe file then set the scroll wheel to middle button for that program that should work

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Think this is related: I had the problem in 2008 where the middle mouse would pan as normal but only for about 1 sec then stop. Turns out when the viewport is set to display background (mr Sun/Sky in my case) this error occurs, disabling this solved the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report