Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing tabs on the left corner (Viewport, [+], ...)

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
margea370
4442 Views, 9 Replies

Missing tabs on the left corner (Viewport, [+], ...)

I have Student Version of 3DS Max 2014 and cannot find anywhere (in program, forums..) link how to display tabs on the left corners of Viewports (they suppose to indicate viewport, [+] and one more option). Any suggestions where could I find it? 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
rcbohn
in reply to: margea370

I also have the 2014 student version and my viewport labels are working. Have you tried the following from the Help files?

Tip: If the viewport menu label bar becomes disabled, you can restore it by refreshing the UI scheme. Use Customize menu Load Custom UI Scheme to load a different CUI file, then reload the original CUI file again. The label bar will become available after either the new or original UI scheme is loaded.
Message 3 of 10
margea370
in reply to: rcbohn

I tried to go through everywhere. I reset it and have Viewport tabs now, but something is wrong.. they became very blury and also all other options (such as rotate and axis is bured, pixeled..) I attached image. Is there any way to resolve it?

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 10
rcbohn
in reply to: margea370

That's an interesting twist on things. I'm sorry, margea370, but I don't have a clue how to resolve that one. Graphics card issue, perhaps?

Maybe Mr. Curley will chime in on this thread.
Message 5 of 10
Steve_Curley

For the original problem, open the Maxscript Listener and enter
viewportButtonMgr.enableButtons=on
Never seen the viewport labels display like that before - I would be tempted to rename your (user) ...ENU\en-us\UI folder. Max should create a new clean one.
Failing that, rename the ENU folder - that should efffectively reset Max completely.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 6 of 10
junkjack

i have the same problem.. than i went to change the display driver from "Nitrous Direct 3D" to "Lagacy Direct 3D" the General viewport label appear..
Message 7 of 10
Steve_Curley
in reply to: junkjack

That suggests your graphics card isn't good enough - what is it? If it's an onboard HD4000 or similar then it is definitely not sufficient for Max.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 8 of 10

Even I have the same problem ..... I have amd fx 9490 cpu, r9 390x 8gb video card and 12 gb ram... well i dont think it might be a gpu problem for me. Please fix the issue its so annoying. I am not able to make it to shaded. 

Message 9 of 10
akhiliyengar748

How did you do that ..... Please send the reply fast???

Message 10 of 10
akhiliyengar748

Thank you .. Junk jack

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report