Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Graphite Modeling Tools?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
15425 Views, 4 Replies

Missing Graphite Modeling Tools?

Hello!

I'm currently attending college for digital media and animation, and I have licensing for 3DS MAX 2014 educational. I noticed that at my school, they have ribbon tools divided into sections, such as Freeform> Polydraw, Paint deform, Defaults, etc.

I have absolutely nothing in my Freeform tab. I'm trying to work on enviroment using PolyDraw, but it is non-existent on my computer, nor have I found any information about how to download it. Am I to assume educational version does not come with ribbons, such as Polydraw?

Edit: Ok, so I mean to say that a wide range of my Graphite Modeling Tools are not installed/missing. I have Modeling >Polygon Modeling; Object Paint> Paint Objects / Brush Settings; and Populate features. Freeform Tools & Selection are both completely empty.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Nevermind! 🙂 I feel rather stupid - I did not convert the plane into an editable Poly first, therefore the Tools did not appear.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Ha ha just did the same thing! Thanks for your post and the solution. Its the simple stuff that gets ya.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

😋😋😋 I also done the same mistake.
Thanks for the solution otherwise I will be wasting my time on reinstalling 3ds max
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

You absolute star. That had completely thrown me as well. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report