Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Dlls in 3ds Max 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
22527 Views, 3 Replies

Missing Dlls in 3ds Max 2013

I've browsed through posts here but nothing helps. I've bought a 3d model and i need to assign materials and lights and so on. the problem is that when i open it i get this (the picture below) I had the 3ds Max 2014 before, now i've installed 3ds Max 2013, 64b windows, hoping it would work, but no. Please help !Smiley Sad

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

Those are Vray dlls, not "vanilla" Max ones. If you want to use Vray you have to buy it. If you don't then ignore the error and apply your own materials. I would guess that the models you bought are already textured using Vray materials, hence the errors.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Steve_Curley

the problem is that my material editor doesn't display the icons and i don't know which material is good or not, or how to adjust its parameters. 

Message 4 of 4
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

Firstly, check which renderer is being used. Render Setup Dialog (press F10), scroll to the bottom and expand the Assign Renderer rollout. The material you have highlighted (in the image) is a Standard Material so start by changing the Renderer to Scanline - make sure the Material Editor Renderer option changes as well.
If that doesn't fix it then you're up against Lighting and Gamma and all sorts. There are many threads (in the Rendering forum as well as this one) regarding "black render" - many possible causes and solutions.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report