Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menus and icons not displaying

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
emcq
497 Views, 4 Replies

Menus and icons not displaying

I was working on a project last week, everything was fine. I open up max today and all my icons are missing. Ive attached an image. If I click on them they work. Menu tabs are white (pic). I'm not sure what happened. Also, my viewport clipping slider is red now when it has always been yellow. I've searched all morning and can not find anything similar 😞

I'm running 2014 64 bit with GeForce GTX 580m graphics

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
paulneale
in reply to: emcq

Looks like a driver issue to me. Have you updated your video card drivers and restarted the machine?

Paul Neale

http://paulneale.com

Paul Neale

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
emcq
in reply to: paulneale

Yeah I just tried that. I'm about to uninstall and reinstall next, sigh.

Message 4 of 5
emcq

So far nothing has helped. Ive checked and updated my graphic driver, restarted, reinstalled. All my other autodesk programs look fine. Max still seems to be working, as far as I can tell. I just cant read anything. Help meeee

Message 5 of 5
Levinchi

Ok, I searched for a solution for days and now I got it! It's an easy Interface solution: Go to "Customize" on menu bar, then select "Customize UI and Defaults Switcher". In the emergent window look for the "UI schemes" square at the top right, select "DefaultUI" and press the "Set" button at the bottom of the window. And that's it!

I had the same problem with the icons and don't know why I had it, but those steps where my solution. I hope this can help you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report