Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mental Ray Render times: Too bad I don't know what too fix.!?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
SuperDrifter
554 Views, 7 Replies

Mental Ray Render times: Too bad I don't know what too fix.!?

I do Retail Interior/Exterior rendering/animations.

Something I'm always thinking about is value... How to get the most bang for the buck.

Realism; within a reasonable time/frames. We typically have 1K's of frames to render for an animation. I can spend x amount of time, if it adds to the perceived realism, and doesn't 'cost' much.

Is there a program, or something within Max that let's us see where the processing is slowing down?

On a second note: who is familiar with (drumroll....) autovolume....OMG )revolutionary animation rendering 'trick', I recently discovered in the render setup dialog! Check it out, or ask me, why it is so exciting.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
StephenMF
in reply to: SuperDrifter

why?

Message 3 of 8
PROH

Why??
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 4 of 8
SuperDrifter

so that I can fix the problems that are slowing it down.

Message 5 of 8
PROH

That not what I meant. You wrote: "Check it out, or ask me, why it is so exciting." So I ask you: Why is it so exciting?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 6 of 8
SuperDrifter
in reply to: PROH

If you are familiar with the function. nevermind. If not, locate it in render setup and try a sample scene. Auto-volume-It will (along w/ reflect F&G/highlights only materials on) eliminates flickers, and greatly improves antialiasisng)

Message 7 of 8

Daf*Q ... can i laugh? or should i cry?
Intel 7 - 2.8Ghz
NVidia Quadro 4000 2Gb GDDR5
8Gb RAM
3D Studio Max Design 2013 x64
Windows 7 x64

http://www.3dboomerang.com/
Message 8 of 8

If you need to be told , then it's prob cry?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report