Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max renders only 4.9 secs

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kemkriszt
299 Views, 4 Replies

Max renders only 4.9 secs

Hi, I'm working on a little animation moovie but when I tried to render the first scene I noticet that Max renders only  4.9 secs howerver the scne has 380 frames wich should be around 12 secs (whith 30 fps). I tried to create a new project but it does the same thing. Any Idea?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
PROH
in reply to: kemkriszt

Hi. You need to give us more information about rendering setup, the used renderer, output format etc. etc. You might also explain your problem a bit more accurate, ie. how many frames does Max render before stopping (frames - not sec.), is there any warnings popping up.

Help us helping you 🙂
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 3 of 5
kemkriszt

After reading your answer I re-rendered the scene to see what happens exactly. It's funy but nothing. There is no warning, At the rendering window I can see the last frame ( the 381th one) rendered. It looks correctly, but when I import the output file to SonyVegas or play it, it's only 4.9 secs witch is around 147 frames instead of 380.
I use avi as output file format and if it's intresting I seted to uncompressed.
Message 4 of 5
Steve_Curley

Never render directly to avi - very bad practice. Render to an image sequence (png, tif, tga - any lossless format) then create your avi from the images. So many reasons for not rendering direct - main one being that when there's a problem you have to re-render the whole thing, which takes a lot of time. Creating an avi from images is very quick in comparison.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 5 of 5
kemkriszt
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Thx, It solves the problem 🙂 But it is still interesting...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report