Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max educational lincence and Plugins

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
894 Views, 6 Replies

Max educational lincence and Plugins

Hi guys

I'm a University lecturer in the UK and I've just got the academic version of 3DS Max. I'm trying to find out if third party plugins (I'm wanting to get Fume FX) will work in this version. My background is Cinema 4D and I know with the educational version of this software 3rd party plugins aren't supported.

Thanks in advance

Bob

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

educational versions aren't limited features sets its the full feature set of the commercial version

what determines the educational copy is the serial number

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
dgorsman
in reply to: DarrenP

Problem is, even if you purchase a licensed plug-in the results are still under the more restrictive 3DSMAX EDU license.  Its paying money for something you can't monetize.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: dgorsman

@dgorsman wrote:

Problem is, even if you purchase a licensed plug-in the results are still under the more restrictive 3DSMAX EDU license.  Its paying money for something you can't monetize.

also true

think before you use

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi

Thanks for your quick replies - appreciate it. 

The makers of Fume FX offer an educational licence too, which isn't free, but is good value - about $200 I think.

I work within a digital media department at a university and am researching fluid systems - I don't need the software for commercial purposes so that's not a problem for me.

That said, I don't want to spend the money if there are any render restrictions or water marks - I'm not willing to pay for software with that impediment. 

My assumption was that the AutoDesk EDU licence gave a full feature set but cannot be used for commercial use - is that right?

Cheers

B

Message 6 of 7
DarrenP

@Anonymous wrote:
My assumption was that the AutoDesk EDU licence gave a full feature set but cannot be used for commercial use - is that right?

yes this is correct

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
DarrenP

b.walmsley wrote:

That said, I don't want to spend the money if there are any render restrictions or water marks - I'm not willing to pay for software with that impediment. 

Fume FX may do this you would need to check with them on what the restrictions are for their program

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report