Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Slate Editor

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
schweitzer22
410 Views, 6 Replies

Material Slate Editor

I just received a new computer from my university and they installed the 64-bit version. I had 2012 installed on my old machine and it had great materials in the slate editor but this version has none. Am I missing something or just out of luck with this version, or can I download the materials that came with the older version? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Pyro777
in reply to: schweitzer22

Were the great materials in 2012 custom made or the standard ones that came with the program? The standard material sets should be the same from version to version. Do you have any materials?
Max 2019
Win 10 64-bit; Dual Xeon E5-2699 v4 @ 2.20 GHz; 64 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
V-Ray 4.02.05.00001
Message 3 of 7
schweitzer22
in reply to: Pyro777

I don't have any with this version. I contacted my help desk to see if they missed something during install maybe. Anyone else.
Message 4 of 7
PROH

Hi. This sound extremely odd. We might need a bit more information to help you.

- Your old program was 3dsMax2012, and your new one is the 64bit version of what? (2013, 2014..).

- What OS do you have? (In case of path tracking).

- What happens if you open an old project in this new version? (warnings, missing bitmaps etc. or does everything look right?).

- Could you show us a screendump of the empty slate editor (especially the left colum).

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 5 of 7
schweitzer22

This is 2013 version. I found the material libraries. They didn't show up with the scanline renderer but when I switched to mental ray they did. Problem 1 solved.

Problem 2- they don't render properly. I attached the box I made. This is suppose to be concrete blocks, it obviosly is not. Please help. What am I missing?

Message 6 of 7
Steve_Curley

Max or Max Design? That looks like a Mapping issue - one of many differences (in default settings) between the two "versions" of Max. Try turning off Real World Scale both on the object (UVMapping) and any bitmaps.
And please be very specific about which material you're selecting - it's important.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 7 of 7
schweitzer22

The compact mode works when I bring in a bitmap, but the slate editor won't render the autodesk materials from the library.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report