Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Editor. Export texture map to pc?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
3dgames4u
549 Views, 2 Replies

Material Editor. Export texture map to pc?

I need to export a texture from material editor to PC in any high quality format which photoshop can open. I know there is a "Render to Texture tool" (when pressing 0) but that stupid tool screws up texture as if the texture is burned.

So I want to export the material texture map from an object as it is displayed in 3ds max.

Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
PiXeL_MoNKeY
in reply to: 3dgames4u

Hard to know what your issue is without seeing max files and/or images, but remember that Render To Texture is a rendering process and depending on the options it will include exposure control, lighting, shading, etc. If all you want is your map from the CME or SME you can select a texture and use render map and define an output size. This will not render it based on the output of the geometry, but as an output of the state of the map in the material editor.

-Eric

Message 3 of 3
3dgames4u
in reply to: PiXeL_MoNKeY

@PiXeL_MoNKeY wrote:

This will not render it based on the output of the geometry, but as an output of the state of the map in the material editor.

-Eric

O o. Sorry my native is not English. Sorry can you explain what you said?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report