Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a wireframe grow

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Dantetron
488 Views, 3 Replies

Making a wireframe grow

Hello all!

Has anyone discovered a practicle way to make a the wireframe of an object "grow" or build onto screen through animation?

For example, I need to have the wireframe of a bridge look like it's drawing onto the screen as the bridge rotates.

I'm not a scripter. So I'm lacking the ability to create a script from scratch.

Thanks in advance for your asistance!!!

-derek

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
PROH
in reply to: Dantetron

Here' one very simple way: Add a slice modifier to the object and animate the slice plane, so that it reveals more and more of the object over time.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 3 of 4
Dantetron
in reply to: PROH

Great suggestion but I failed it mention that the progression of the lines building needs to come off as if a single hand is drawing it quickly line by line. Or at least maybe randomly growing across the entire shape. Again each line having it's own life as opposed to the entire object wiping on.

Thanks!

-Derek
Message 4 of 4
PROH
in reply to: Dantetron

OK. I don't know any simple or automatic method to do that, but you can still use the method suggested: Make the wireframes you need to expose, split it up into several parts, put a slicemodifier to each of them and make them appear in the correct order and time. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report