Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Menu Interface, and not in Expert Mode.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1342 Views, 6 Replies

Lost Menu Interface, and not in Expert Mode.

Hi,

I have inexplicably lost my side Menu with the Create/etc etc Tabs, and it would appear that I'm in Expert Mode but I am not. 

I tried toggling Expert Mode but that does nothing.

I can't figure out how to toggle back to the side Menu and if anyone knows what might be the problem, I would greatly appreciate the help as I currently can't really use Max.

Thanks,

Daniel 

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

That is definitely not expert mode - if it were you would have no toolbars and nothing under the Trackbar, and a big button saying "Cancel Expert Mode".

Right-click the blank area to the right of your toolbars. If the Command Panel option isn't ticked, click it. If it is then the panel has been Floated and is offscreen. If it's offscreen, use the right-click (as above) to un-tick it. Again to tick it, without touching anything else press Alt+Spacebar then M. You should be able to move it back onscreen with the cursor keys. Right click the small blank area to the right of the Utilities tab icon and Dock it.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 7
Stefan_L
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Two tiny annotations:

- which button to press after Alt-Spacebar depends on your Windows localization. Here it's V for Verschieben. Right click the title bar of any programm...

- you only need to hit a cursor key once; after that, the window is glued to your mouse pointer. Moving the mouse moves the missing window on your screen instantly, which is better than guessing the wrong cursor key direction 🙂

--
Stefan

i7-2600 @ 3,4GHz, 32GB Ram,
512+128GB SSDs + 2x500GB HD
GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB + GTX 980 4GB
latest Driver (almost always)
Win7ProX64 SP1
Message 4 of 7
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Stefan_L

I can only suggest what I can see - and that's the English version.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Steve,

So weird thing. I don't know what happened but when I relaunched 3ds Max this morning, the Command Panel (that's what the large side menu interface is called, right?), was back!

So weird...I distinctly recall resetting Max and nothing happened so I don't understand why it is that after I closed the program and then relaunched it a day later, the menu interface was restored.

Anyway, I'll reference this when and should this occur again in the future. 

Also, I want to say how much I appreciate your constant presence as a source of quick and very helpful answers!

Thanks so much 🙂

dk

Message 6 of 7
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

You're welcome 🙂

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

What if you lost it on the left side of the screen?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report