Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer Properties: Display - can't be changed

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
thebladeroden
935 Views, 1 Reply

Layer Properties: Display - can't be changed

It always defaults to "Viewport". I can select something like "Wireframe" in the drop down and hit OK. But nothing will change, and when I open up the properties it will say "Viewport" again

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Confirmed. Looks like a problem with the Layer Properties dialog because changing that option via Maxscript works.

Make sure you report this - Help > Speak Back > Report a Problem, or go here (same place either way).

Workarounds.

If you have access to any previous releases (2014/2013/2012) save the scene as the appropriate version, open in the older version and change the Display setting as required and save the scene (under a new name, just in case). Open in 2015 and the setting will now be "stuck" on the one you chose.

Alternatively it can be changed by a short Maxscript.
Replace the "layerNumber" with the number of the layer (as shown in the Layer Explorer) noting that the top one is layer 0, the second is 1 and so on when they are sorted by Name, ascending. Replace displayType with one of #viewport, #boundingbox, #wireframe or #shaded.

(layerManager.getLayer layerNumber).display = displayType
So, for example:-
(layerManager.getLayer 4).display = #shaded

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report