Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landscape Verified View

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hughestj
572 Views, 2 Replies

Landscape Verified View

Hi,

I am very new to the Autodesk Suite, so please forgive me if I am asking a basic question.

I need to be able to create Verified Views. Essentially taking a panoramic photo (flat) and adding CAD models to it accurately (or at least semi accurately).

As I am new to the software, I could really do with some step by step instructions. So, what software to use and a workflow of implementation.

From my limited knowledge, I need to produce a wireframe of terrain, then align the CAD model of the proposed structure, and then add the photo to create the montage.

Any help for a newbie much appreciated!

PS. I have access to the whole Autodesk Suite 🙂

Kind regards

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
darawork
in reply to: hughestj

Rather than give you 15years tutorage on the subject of Architectural montage techniques in a single reply, I'm going to opt out and just post a link:

http://www.davidwatson.info/photomontage.php

I hope you don't mind...

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 3 of 3
hughestj
in reply to: hughestj

Funnily enough it's your site that got me hooked on this technique. I think my problem is that is am so new, I don't understand the tools to use. I am from the GIS sector, so ESRI is in built!!

Thank you for your reply! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report