Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lag when panning with a basic animation playing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
iz7749
551 Views, 1 Reply

Lag when panning with a basic animation playing

in my scene i have a weapon, its only 10k polys, i had 600k hidden but i deleted those and i still experienced the same issues. i have a lot of lag when panning around an object if an animation is playing, ( adn if if only a million polys or so, when i should be able to handle more easily) the only animations i have are 2 fans spinning, so hardly a complex animation. but the animation breaks up and i lag alot when rotating around the object while the animation is playing. if im in realistic mode and am just still looking at the animation it breaks up and lags. i also have no lights in my scene and have a standard material applied. without any animation playing im only getting 110fps however other posts ive read have stated there getting over 200 with bones and animations playing, there must be something wrong with this as i shouldnt be getting this. with animations playing it goes down to 2.5fps, in shaded. 

my computer specs are intel i7 4930k, 16gb ram, gtx 780, i am using 3ds max 2013 student version installed on my SSD, so i should not experience these problems in the slightest, and this isnt the first issue ive had with performance in 3ds max. ive reinstalled, tried new scenes, had it installed on a differnt HDD but nothing seems to work, is it just because its the student version its restricted or something else ? i cannot upgrade to 2014, as ive read thats meant to have better performance solving problems, as the computers i use in college have only 2013 currently and switching between versions breaks stuff, ive seen it happen alot. any help is greatly appreciated , thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dalebarnes7
in reply to: iz7749

Im a having the same problem and it is not the PC Specs. It takes for ever to move an object after I have moved it with the mouse. There is low poly's in this file and also in a single box file I can't select more than 45 vertices and it dselect all previously selected.

Please let me know if you have found a solution??? Please I have lost a whole ay updating and applying patches to no avail.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report