Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

icon freezes - max 2013

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
318 Views, 4 Replies

icon freezes - max 2013

Were I work we have Max 2013 (with update 6) and noone here have seen this problem.

The top left Max-Icon - the one where you get the open, save, export, merge dialog, is sometimes freezes and can only be reactivated with a restart.

My workaround is that I've set a lot of shortcuts for open, save as, merge and export.

But what is going on?

Futhermore, I use OpenGL, but it also happens in Direct3D. Forget about Nitrous - I'm not using that.

It has happend on two different computers. One Windows 7 and one with 8.1. My graphic-driver is up to date.

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

Easier to reinstate the original File menu than to set (and have to remember) lots of shortcuts. Because of that change I virtually never use the clown, sorry, application, menu so I've never seen it freeze (in any version). There again I don't use OGL either...

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Would do that in an instant, if I knew how to.... If I load 2009 UI it's stille there.

Message 4 of 5
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

Customise > Customise User Interface > Menus tab.
On the right (if it's not already shown) select Main Menu Bar from the dropdown list at the top.
In the bottom-left list scroll down to File. Click and drag File from the list to the right hand list which shows the main menu items.
Move it to the top so it appears before Edit. Close the dialog.
Simples 😉

The new(ish) "Send To" Mudbox/Maya/SI options are not on the menu by default. If you need them then they are in the big Actions list so you can add them in a similar way to the File menu.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Ah nice - Thank you. You saved me a lot of grey hairs! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report