Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a Ship Wake?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
799 Views, 1 Reply

How to create a Ship Wake?

Hello,

I am requesting some help on how create a ship's wake.
I have searched the web looking for how; but the wakes are just coming out right.

I have created a good Ocean using tutorial found on the web and have adjusted it.
Problem is that the ship looks not moving without the wake.

I wish some help to create a cutting wake starting from the Bow and pushing a long the side and then breaking away from the ship about quarter way down the Hull. Also to create white tip area's on the top of this wake where water is cresting and falling back to the untouched Ocean.

Then I would like to create another wake in the Aft of the ship for the second wake. Where water is turning up and creating White Area due to screws from the ship.

Thank you.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
samab
in reply to: Anonymous

It's not easy to make it look realisic, Pflow can make splashes from the bows by putting particles on the hull and making tha sea a collision spawn defletor the spawns bounce off and fall with gravity force, when they collide with the water again they can leave a shape mark on the sea surface like foamy water.
The more particles you use the better the effect but it gets very slow.
For the waves the is a Wake plugin from Blur, find it here:-
http://www.splutterfish.com/sf/WebContent/BlurPack
If you've got money to spend there are commercial plugins for sea water the claim to make ship wakes, search the net.
The attachment is one of many experiments I've tried for this kind of thing, maybe not the best but easy to find not too big a file.
I think one of the Pflow tutorials from an earlyer version of Max did something similar.

332_kXUSdSofINCcA9bTbVGH.zip

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report