Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the material picker selection order ?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jfmonod
282 Views, 2 Replies

How do I change the material picker selection order ?

Hi all,

I recently switched to Max 2015 and the color picker in the standard material palette is now selecting rear faces first. I have a wall with different materials on the front and back for example, and picking the front face selects the material on the back face and vice versa. When multiple overlapping faces are present, the selection goes to the rear first and come forward with each subsequent click.

If anyone has any idea what's going on I'd be glad to hear it.

Thanks

JF

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Steve_Curley
in reply to: jfmonod

Certainly doesn't do that here - created a Box, applied 6 different materials, opened a color picker and it definitely picks the correct color. Even if I Flip all the polys (so the box is inside out) the picker still picks the color under the cursor.
Try something simple like that in a new scene. If it works then there's something odd with the scene, if it doesn't there's likely something wrong with your installation - try clearing your user settings and see if that helps.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 3
jfmonod
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Hi. Sorry for the late reply. Definitely something wrong with that scene. But it's not a wrong thing that wants to go away. Tried merging to a new file, resetting.... everything but re-installing. Weird thing is it's the only scene I've got that does that.

I had to roll with it to get the job out, but I'll definitely post again if it re-occurs.

Thanks for the help.

JF

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums