Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gizmo and objects stuck at 0,0

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Bardipper
983 Views, 7 Replies

Gizmo and objects stuck at 0,0

If I start a sphere on the edge of the grid, it forms at the grid's origin with the gizmo. It won't move from that location. I've rebooted my computer but it's still the same. Neither the Toggle Lock nor the "x' key are the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Bardipper

Create an object. Motion Panel, Assign Controller rollout. The Position controller should be a "Position XYZ", if it isn't then then highlight what is there, click the Assign Controller button (at the top of that rollout), select Position XYZ and click Make Default.
When you get the warning agree to it, but next time you change a controller for any reason DO NOT make it default (unless you have a very good reason for doing so) and read the warning - it's there for a good reason 😛

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 8
Bardipper
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Position xyz is the default controller. Still have the problem.

Message 4 of 8
Bardipper

And I restarted Max.

Message 5 of 8
Bardipper

I had a different than the Bezier Float in the Curve Editor. I changed it to Bezier Float and everything seems to work ok. Thanks again for your help.

Message 6 of 8
Steve_Curley

Oh... You mean individual X,Y and Z tracks of the Position XYZ had been changed? Not something easily determined without the scene tbh, though it shouldn't have affected a new scene, especially after closing/opening Max.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 7 of 8
Bardipper
in reply to: Steve_Curley

After your first reply, I went to the Motion panel and looked at the controllers. They were there but triple or quadruple-spaced between lines. In the controller list, Posxyz was the default, but I selected default again and the spacing went away. Still everything was stuck at the center. Then I went into the Curve Editor and made the change and everything worked properly again. Thanks again. Glad you're around to help.

Message 8 of 8
Steve_Curley

Very odd - glad you got it working though 🙂

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report