Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freeform shift mirror option

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1541 Views, 4 Replies

freeform shift mirror option

just a sunny day in the park learning 3ds max, putzing with the freeform tools... pretty cool. oh look . . . Freeform Shift, lets play with the mirror function! Wait. . . what?

This is not mirror. is there a setting somewhere that i can (un)check to fix this behaviour? some "invert on mirror" or something?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I love this active and helpful community. tip for autodesk: hire experienced full time moderators per forum.

I've discovered that this is a bug. sometimes it's right sometimes it's not, haven't discovered what the difference is.
Message 3 of 5
lightcube

To my knowledge, the mirror brush setting currently only works with push/pull and relax. It isn't yet compatible with the other graphite modeling tools brushes. Hopefully that changes soon.

Shawn Olson

Developer of Wall Worm
3ds Max plugins and Scripts

3ds Max 4/Gmax - 3ds Max 2020
Mudbox 2009-2019

Windows 10 x64
i7 8700K
64GB RAM
Geforce 1080ti
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Tip: Read the intent of the AREA FORUMS...Hint; peer to peer forum NOT intended as an Autodesk support center.

Bugs have a system for reporting...HERE

And pay for your education which includes learning PROFESSIONAL software. Then you will have someplace to vent your frustrations about not being able to use the professional software you most likely downloaded and are using for free.
Message 5 of 5
starship77

In case it helps anyone else: I had the same problem. "Reset XForm" fixed it for me. (3sd max 2019)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report