Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Pipe Network from Civil 3D 2013 to 3DS Max Design/Civ​il View .vsp3d?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
vlsheehan
260 Views, 5 Replies

Export Pipe Network from Civil 3D 2013 to 3DS Max Design/Civ​il View .vsp3d?

I see that 3DS Max Design 2013 with Civil View can import pipe networks but I don't see where you can export the pipe network from Civil 3D 2013. When I click Export Civil View for 3ds Max Design in Civil 3D 2013, the Pipe Network does not show up. Any ideas?

Thanks
Vince

Vincent Sheehan

Sr. Civil Designer
Poly In 3D Blog

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
BevLynn
in reply to: vlsheehan

Vince,
Take a look at the documentation.
http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2013/ENU/index.html?url=filesCTU/GUID-B6CF98F9-FF6F-4FF5-8022-60EB21A...
Search for Civil View. Pipe Networks does not appear to be a supported object type.

•Supported AutoCAD Civil 3D Object Types
Feature lines, corridor, surface, and point data can be exported with Export to Civil View for 3ds Max Design.

Check your export settings and note there probably are no pipe networks listed.
Message 3 of 6
vlsheehan

The Civil View Exlplorer shows a Pipe Network as an object. Here's a screen shot of the Civil View Explorer in 3DS Max 2013. I'm thinking Civil 3D 2013 does not have an option to export pipes to a VSP3D format.

Thanks for the replay.

Vincent Sheehan

Sr. Civil Designer
Poly In 3D Blog

Message 4 of 6
BevLynn

Note that Pipe Network (0) means there are no objects to export, even if ther are pipe networks associated with the project. You can render them in AutoCAD Civil 3D, but if you want them to render in 3ds Max Design you may have to import them seprately via dwg import. Just a thought.

Also, if contrary to the documentation, they are supported for export, I think you have to have materials assigned to the network. It's been a while since I've played with Civil View. If you get it working, please post the solution here.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: BevLynn

ok
Message 6 of 6
vlsheehan

Note that Pipe Network (0) means there are no objects to export, even if ther are pipe networks associated with the project. You can render them in AutoCAD Civil 3D, but if you want them to render in 3ds Max Design you may have to import them seprately via dwg import. Just a thought.

Also, if contrary to the documentation, they are supported for export, I think you have to have materials assigned to the network. It's been a while since I've played with Civil View. If you get it working, please post the solution here.

I understand that there are no pipe objects in the VSP3D file when it states (0). I guess my question should have been. If 3DS Max/Civil View has the ability to use pipe network objects, where is the export in Civil 3D?

Thanks
Vince

Vincent Sheehan

Sr. Civil Designer
Poly In 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums