Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dope Editor Crash

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nPoika
764 Views, 3 Replies

Dope Editor Crash

Hey guys, seem to be having a little trouble with the Dope Sheet editor. 

I'm currently working my way through a massive book to get acquainted with 3DS Max and I'm up to a section on animation. Unfortunately however the Dope Sheet Editor (and Curve Editor tends to crash at seemingly random occurrences. There is no apparent trigger, and it seems any action will cause it (even just opening the editor at times). 

There is no consistency in time between crashes either. Sometimes it will happen an hour later, or 10 minutes later. 

The crash itself doesn't provide a 3ds Max Error Report screen, it just provides the Windows "This Program has stopped working" error, in which you can only hit 'close'. 

I can't seem to find an error log or anything, so if anyone could provide any insight onto the topic, that would be super amazing. 

Oh! And I'm using 3ds Max Design 2013 (with a student license). I have updated to Product Update 6

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
paulneale
in reply to: nPoika

Does it do it in every file or just the one file?

Paul Neale
PEN Productions
http://paulneale.com
Win 10 64bit
Nvidia GeForce 1060
Message 3 of 4
nPoika

Hey there! Sorry about the delay. The crashing occurs irrespective of file (it's even occured with a blank file before).

Any theories? 

Message 4 of 4
paulneale

I don't have Design so maybe that is the issue. I'm using Max but it shouldn't be different. I don't see that problem in 2013 and have just run a test on a couple animated files without any errors. 

Paul Neale
PEN Productions
http://paulneale.com
Win 10 64bit
Nvidia GeForce 1060

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report