Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd System - Mystery of the Disappearing Delegates

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
schroederC3D
145 Views, 0 Replies

Crowd System - Mystery of the Disappearing Delegates

Hi Everyone,

I've got a crowd system set up with 300 delegates. The following behaviors are assosciated with the delegates:

Avoid
Seek
Surface Follow
Wander

These delegates are supposed to wander around the surface for 500 frames, avoiding eachother, and heading towards a box at the opposite end of the surface.

The Problem:

Then I begin to solve the crowd simulation with the 4 behaviors, the delegates appear to die, or, disappear. It seems to happen randomly, but eventually near the end of the simulation time, there's only a few left. What I've noticed is that if I turn off the Avoid Collisions behavior, the delegates do just fine. Which is great except I can't have bipeds passing through eachother.

Checking the curve editor for one of the delegates, I see that it's suddenly moved very far away out of the scene. So what is happening here is that the delegates are suddenly jumping through space and time. Why?

Thanks,
Andrew

Reply Syntax?
Command (Uppercase): TRIM, Variable (Italicized): MSLTSCALE, Civil 3D Object (Within brackets): [SITE]

If this solves your issue or answers your question then please hit the KUDO button or mark as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION!

Please support my Idea to revert the forum format to the old one: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-ideas/revert-to-old-forum-layout/idi-p/7917987
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report