Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Text that shows position values of a object being animated

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kevincwalina
208 Views, 2 Replies

Creating Text that shows position values of a object being animated

Hi, I'm trying to just make some renderable text in my scene that will display the z position of a particular object in the scene but am unsure how to go about it.  The text objects apear to only let you type in the text. I dont see a way to link the position value of my animated object to this text field. 

Thanks for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
PROH
in reply to: kevincwalina

Hi. AFAIK this can't be done with the toolset in Max/MaxDesign. Might be possible to do something with a script - but I'm not a scripter, so I don't know for sure. Take a look at scriptspot.com, maybe somebody already did it.

Hope it helps
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 3 of 3
Steve_Curley
in reply to: kevincwalina

Can be done, with a Float Script Controller on the Kerning property (assuming you don't try and use Kerning at the same time). There's an example of how to do it in the Max Help and multiple threads on exactly this in the Max Programming Forum (with sample code).
Example thread.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report