Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating holes on a Spline

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dendenny01
1576 Views, 2 Replies

Creating holes on a Spline

I have Created a polygon using Spline(Line) Then used a shell Modifier to Fillout the polygon and set the outter amount to 0.01. The Problem that i am facing is while creating Hole in that Polygon Plane When I create a single Hole using Boolean it is created perfectly when after creating the first hole when i create a second hole the Second hole is also created but filling the first hole now I just hove one hole instead of 2 hole

Is there any way to create multiple holes in a plane or any other way to create to do the same.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
daniel
in reply to: dendenny01

First there are as many ways creating a hole in plane as there are users out there 🙂 It's hard to say what's going wrong with your Boolean operation or what you are trying to accomplish in the end.

Using the Boolean operation you have to be cautious with coplanar faces and vertices. Maybe a Retriangulate in an Edit Poly modifier on top of your current object fixes your problem.

If you want to make a plane out of a spline with a hole in it, it would be a way to build the hole right into your spline. Just draw your hole shape like you did with the line tool and attach it to the first spline. (watch out for intersections)

If you just need a poly or plane you can put an edit poly modifier on top of the spline instead of the shell.

Message 3 of 3
LenDoublet
in reply to: dendenny01

Booleans can be a bit tricky, sometimes you may find that very slightly moving the boolean object can fix an incorrect boolean, or adding some extra geometry to one or both participating objects in the boolean, or simply using ProBoolean instead of the standard boolean.
Of course you will want to check that you are actually using multiple objects in your boolean and not just replacing the first object with a diffecrent object.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report