Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Camera from Maya to Max

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2228 Views, 4 Replies

Convert Camera from Maya to Max

Hi everyone,

I have some issues with my current project.

We must work with other compagnies who used Maya 2013 and us with 3ds max 2012.

The initial and reference scene is on Maya and is composed of a building and 3 camera. When we export and import FBX files, the building was fine and the camera are in the good position.

However, when we render a frame with the same resolution (1400*1050) we are not the same image in maya and max.

I've already check some site with some consersion method but it do not work.

Can you help me ? There will it a correct method ?

By the way, the maya scene must not have any changement.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

What is different about the render? Could you post two frames for comparison?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Samab,

Here the Maya render

The 3DS max render (other texture)

Like you see, 3DS max render more "surface" of the building.

We thing that the problem is link with the focal value but we can see how to correctle convert them.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

It has widened the field of view in Max, I don't know why this has happened.

In Max there are three parameters that affect FOV, in the Camera Parameters there is lens and FOV, in Render Setup there is Aperture Width.

Changing Lens or FOV will alter the FOV, altering Aperture Width will change the Lens without changing FOV, it sets what FOV you get with any given lens. That may be the problem, a 35mm lens may give you a certain FOV, but with a different aperture it gives a different FOV, but in Max the aperture is not set in the camera object.

I'm not familar with Maya, I would think it has equivelent parameters, if you can find the FOV of the cameras there, you can alter the FOV in Max.

Message 5 of 5
pianowindz1

focal lenth settings . are not matching with the one set in maya i think this the same answer you got from the other dude but yea ,well there ya go.but i would check the settings in maya or ask those guys who sent you the file so to asure and match the same camera settings

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report