Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compositor Link for Latest Adobe CC

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
GeneralCHVGJ
1854 Views, 14 Replies

Compositor Link for Latest Adobe CC

Dear Autodesk support - the use of the compositor link to AE is critical and helpful, when will you update the plugin to work with the latest Adobe CC ? 

At the moment, the link is always broken even in the simplest scenes. In a test scene using 1 camera, 1 point helper and 1 plane, once Creating link in AE giving the "Internal verification error (5027::55)" message followed by "Internal verification Failure (5027::102)" message. 

Been trying using either Max 2017 or Max 2014, same results

Thank you

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Hello @GeneralCHVGJ,

There have been a few users with similar issues, when a new version is released of CC it is not always compatible with the previous versions.  Technically the Max2AE interop is supposed to work up to 2014, so 2015 wasn't part of the original design spec as noted here.  

In particular there is a part of 2014 needed for interop that 2015 doesn't ship with.  There is a link to a thread here that details how to get around some of this, but it does involve installing 2014 and then updating to 2015.  Short version: Install cc 2014, install AE Interop plugin for 3ds max, then install 2015.  Please reference the linked thread for details.  Please give this a shot and let's see if this solves your problem.

Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question. This lets me know that I was effective in helping you, and thank you for doing so.

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 15

Hello @GeneralCHVGJ,

I just wanted to follow up here, any progress on your issue?

Best Regards,

Message 4 of 15

Hi Alfred and thank you for the answer and heads up as well. I'll check this workaround out, hope it'll work.

I will keep you posted, Thanks. 

Disregarding the mentioned workaround for the issue, I do understand that development and keeping up compatibility are not a simple matter. Yet, does Autodesk 3DS Max development team intends to get into the task of updating the compositor link to the new Adobe CC versions ? 

Message 5 of 15

As it seems, the earliest versions of CC available is 2015, which closes the door for the workaround of installing Adobe CC 2014 and on top of it reinstalling the newer versions.
Message 6 of 15

Hello @GeneralCHVGJ,

To be honest, I am not privy to the design and development plans of future versions of 3ds Max, so I can't really answer your question about the intentions of the team.  I'm sorry for that.

You can install older versions of CC back to CS6 actually, but you have to go to the 'previous versions' tab of the application.  It's a bit tricky in my opinion, but here's a link that may help.  Please let me know if you have any trouble.  

Best Regards,

Message 7 of 15

Hello @GeneralCHVGJ,

Best Regards,

Message 8 of 15

Hello @GeneralCHVGJ,

Best Regards,

Message 9 of 15

Alfred, you are kind and attentive. Thank you for that. I know you do not have much access to the future development of the software (which is "secret", for legal and economic issues, etc.). But I think there is something very wrong with this Max-AE interaction. After all, these errors exist two years ago. And Autodesk does not seem to move a finger to change that. I do not know if it's a problem more from Adobe or Autodesk, but there is something very wrong with that. If there were serious by the developers to attack once this problem, I think it would be quickly resolved. But the priority is minimal. Anyway, that's it ...

Message 10 of 15

Hello @luizpinto

Thank you for the kind words. Smiley Wink  That's very kind of you. 

I think if a feature is in the software and it doesn't work, it's up to the makers of that software to fix it.  Having the CC API change every year can't help here I'm sure, but in the end this is something that would be up to Autodesk to correct.  I'm going to go ahead and log this and I will make a note of this thread and your comments in the bug report, and thanks for your patience.

I'd like to log this with as much detail as possible. If you can list any other information for me to put into the report, I will gladly do so.  Thank you very much.  

Best Regards,

Message 11 of 15

Note that The last reply wasn't our reply, 😉
but it does reflect some of the reality, even if in a blunt manner.
It is expected, as a product, that once the collaboration on the tool with Adobe is made, a certain "link" for update is mandatory to make a maintenance.

You might as well remove the tool or alert it is not supported etc... since it has no use, or to restrict it to the uses it DOES have and work.

Could be good if you could make a followup with an Adobe technical representative, once raised, the solution may be too easy not to solve.
Message 12 of 15

Hello @GeneralCHVGJ,

Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't mean to address that to the wrong person.  Smiley Embarassed

The best I can do on my end is make a note in the bug tracker and provide workarounds.  I'm not in a position to negotiate a relationship with anyone at Adobe on the behalf of Autodesk, but I can (and do) always send information upward to those who are.  (And I have brought this up to the KDE and logged into the bug tracker.)  

I don't fully agree that it's not supported or useless, it just has a requirement which is CS5-CC2014, as noted in the help.  I do see the issue however and I have done what I can on my end. 

Best Regards,

Message 13 of 15

Since adobe moved to creative cloud, unlike the CS version, the updates are constant. I appreciate your doing regarding escalating the issue up.
By your permission, I'd be happy to leave this call open and see of there is any update or reply from the adobe departments, if you could ask the relevant upward departments to keep you posted regarding reply from Adobe teams.

Appreciate your efforts and doings,
Gabriel
Message 14 of 15

Hello @GeneralCHVGJ,

Of course, my main goal here is to get users the solutions to their problems and if I cannot do that, escalate issues up the chain.  I think leaving this thread open is the right thing to do until this can be addressed.  There is a free script that does 3ds Max and AE interop that available out there on scriptspot as a stop gap for the time being.  It's called AfterFX Data Exporter and I've used it once or twice.  I can't provide support on it since it's 3rd party but it does work pretty well with regular cameras and lights.  

Thank you for the kind words, I do appreciate it.   In the meanwhile I will post any new information that comes my way when it does.  

Best Regards,

Message 15 of 15

hello ,

sir i want to ask you please tell me that compositer will work with after effect cc 2018 & 3d max 2016 ?

please reply me

ateeqrafiq2@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report