Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

character modeling workflow

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
delphinium77
229 Views, 0 Replies

character modeling workflow

Hi Everyone

I'm going to attempt some character modeling, would the following be the basic kind of workflow that most people use.

First with your reference images in place, start out by creating possibly a Box Primitive and pushing/pulling the Boxes Vertices around to correspond with the underlaying reference images, then extruding out arms and legs, hands and feet until you've got something Human like.

Now from this point as I see it you've got two ways to go

1. Create a Bone system (I think it's called the Biped System) throughout your model to make the model walk and run etc, or

2. Use the CAT TOOLKIT to add a ready made RIG to your model to make the model walk and run etc.

I've read a little about each technique but are not sure which way to go, what do you prefer CAT OR BIPED.

Finally I think the process ends with a process called "Skinning" where you have to mould your model to the rig.

Would any one be able to advise me if this is the sort of workflow I should be looking at to create a reasonably good looking model that can walk and run etc, and if I,ve left anything out. 

Many Thanks

Regards

D77

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report