Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see Model! Please Help

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Aphex124
629 Views, 9 Replies

Cannot see Model! Please Help

I am VERY new to AutoDesk do I really dont know what I am doing. I am used to Cinema 4D, but AutoDesk is like another universe compred to C4D! I downloaded a model from the internet, and as you can see from the screen-shots below, there are polygons there, but they do not show up in perspective. The model does show up in Render View thankfully, but I need to see it in perspective! Thanks in advance for the help. The project file will linked.

https://www.mediafire.com/?wekrv4ahe1sik2u

P 2.png

P 1.png

-Aphex

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
helbin4
in reply to: Aphex124

Hi,please find the attached files 

Helbin VM

helbin4@gmail.com

Message 3 of 10
AdrianWise8371
in reply to: helbin4

the missing map files shouldnt stop you viewing the mesh in the viewport, what graphics card do  you have in your sysem?

Message 4 of 10

Capture.JPG

This is what it looks like with missing map files.

try starting max in different graphics modes theres nothing wrong with the model you shared

Message 5 of 10
Aphex124
in reply to: AdrianWise8371

As what AdrianWise8371 said, the missing textures and all shouldnt block me from viewing it... I have a Lenovo IdeaPad P580 with Intel HD Graphics 4000

Message 6 of 10
Aphex124

As you can see from my view, I cannot see the model in perspective or anything...

Message 7 of 10
AdrianWise8371

It works fine on my surface pro2 with the same graphics chip

in that scene can you create a teapot and see if is visable?

Its a graphics issue for sure id try the different graphics mode

im assuming a new scene allows you to create geometry you can see.?
Message 8 of 10
Aphex124

I really have no idea what you are talking about... Somebody needs to give me steps so I can fix this. As I said, I am new to AutoDesk.

Message 9 of 10
darawork

Windows [Start] key -> All Programs -> AutoDesk -> 3D Studio Max -> Change graphics mode.

Even then it may not work correctly for you as you are using low-grade onboard graphics, as opposed to a decent dedicated graphics card.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-...

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 10 of 10
Aphex124
in reply to: darawork

Thanks for everybodys help! Ill find a way to make my graphics card accept this.

-Aphex124

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report