Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can`t move ,rotate or scale object

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
midohamido
2046 Views, 4 Replies

can`t move ,rotate or scale object

hi all , i can`t move any object in my file or do any change ,On the contrary if i opened new scane and draw a box for example ,i can move it but if i presses the spacebar to lock it ,it has no effect and i can move it

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RobH2
in reply to: midohamido

For the file where nothing can be moved, did you create the file or was it given to you? Did it used to move and now it won't? We need a little more info to help you solve it. Tell us more about the scenario. 

Have you tried right-clicking in a viewport and clicking 'Unfreeze All' from the quad menu? It's possible that everything in the file is frozen. 

For the 'spacebar' issue it's possible that the key is not connected to 'freeze' anymore. Try using the right-click method I mention above to lock (freeze in Maxspeak) and unlock items. You can also look in the Max 'Help' file to see how to set keystrokes and go make sure if 'Freeze' is assigned to the 'spacebar' or not. 

Finally, there is a button in the UI called "Keyboard Shortcut Override Toggle." It's normally next to the 'Snaps' toggle. Click that to change its current state and see if the 'spacebar' will now freeze and unfreeze. 

If all of that fails, upload the file and I'll have a look at it. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2022-2024.2), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 5
midohamido
in reply to: RobH2

thanks for responding RobH2
yes i create the file and it used to move and suddenly it won`t ,but if i move an object for example in x direction 5 meter,it dosen`t move but if i save the file and close it then open it again ,i find it moved , so i can`t work in the file any more specially in edit poly modeling it also do that for vertex,segments and polygon , i uploaded the file for u if it work in beginning try to do morpher for example .it don`t work correct with me for 15 minutes.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
PROH
in reply to: midohamido

Hi. This could be a graphic driver related problem. So try switching to another driver (in preferences) and see if the problem persists. You could also try to update you graphic card driver.

Hope it helps

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 5 of 5
midohamido
in reply to: PROH

hi PROH
i tried switching to another driver (in preferences) but the problem still persists

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report