Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Download and Install 3ds Max

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
nepaycheck
9537 Views, 22 Replies

Can't Download and Install 3ds Max

I used to have 3ds max on my laptop, but a few months ago I had some computer problems and I was forced to reinstall everything. Since then I’ve been unable to install 3ds max on my laptop. Every time I try I get an error message that looks like this:

Communication Failure

Download and installation has been interrupted by a lost connection between the Autodesk website and this computer. The most likely causes are:

-The installation package was moved from the install location, which is not supported

-The Autodesk download website was closed or manually refreshed before the installer launched

-A firewall has blocked the network ports

Please address these issues if possible, return to the website, and then click again on Install Now, or use another download method: Download Now or Browser Download.

I have followed these instructions and I still can’t get the program to download and install. This problem isn’t just on my laptop, I tried to download the program onto my dad’s desktop computer and I got the same message. I attempted to download a different version of the program and got the same message again.

I have no idea what the problem is can anyone help?

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: nepaycheck

Hi @nepaycheck

Welcome to the Community. Can you try downloading 3ds Max from the Virtual Agent instead? Go to Virtual Agent -> click on Download Links -> click on 3ds Max Products -> click on Autodesk 3ds Max -> click on the download link under the version you wish to download.

If that still doesn't work out for you, let us know what version you'll need and we'll provide you the direct link instead. Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 3 of 23
nepaycheck
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

Took your suggestion and it worked.
Thanks a lot.
Message 4 of 23
Mk619

I am having trouble also. What can I do? I am student at Ai of Pittsburgh online and taking media Arts and Animation. This is for my bachelors too. This is my email mwk007@yahoo.com!

Message 5 of 23

Hi I have the same problem than the others, but what you said didn't work for me to install 3Ds Max 2016... Do you have other suggestions?

Thank you!

Message 6 of 23
matthew.d
in reply to: laurence.celte

Hi @laurence.celte,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about the issue. Did you try disabling your antivirus when installing from the virtual agent? Could you post your installation log files?

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 7 of 23
jamesscotland73
in reply to: matthew.d

Deleted

Message 8 of 23
laurence.celte
in reply to: matthew.d

Ok, I managed to install Part 1 and Part 2 of 3ds Max 2016 and this is the error that always appears to me. They said that it's impossible to start the software because adlmint.dll is missing on my computer and try to download again the software. 

Message 9 of 23
Mk619

You have turn off firewall and pop-off filter to bypass the download manager. Then when it's downloaded and installed turn your personal firewall and pop-up filter. let me know if that works? If not, email Autodesk?
Message 10 of 23
laurence.celte
in reply to: Mk619

Yes I did all of this things... What is the Autodesk's Email?

Message 11 of 23
Mk619

Go on there website?
Message 12 of 23
matthew.d

Hi @laurence.celte,

Sorry to hear about the issue. I would suggest performing a clean uninstall, disabling your antivirus and reinstalling from the virtual agent. Something may have happened to your file when you downloaded. You can email us from this page or any of our other contact pages.

Matt DiMichele

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 13 of 23
rouge-gamer

im having the same problem as well my operating system is a 64-bit im not sure why it wont download and install

Message 14 of 23
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: rouge-gamer

Hi @rouge-gamer,

Welcome to the Community. 

Have you tried the suggestion above? Temporarily disabling your anti-virus and firewall before downloading the installer from the Virtual Agent. Let us know how it goes. Thank you, 

Jeffrey Sin

Message 15 of 23
lewis

Hello,

I am a student and am having the same problem as MK619.

I have seen the replys, and I cannot acess virtual agent.

Is there am other way of evading this problem?

My email is:  lewis@carrick-house.org

Message 16 of 23
matthew.d
in reply to: lewis

Hi @lewis,

Sorry to hear about the issue. What seems to be happening when you try to use the virtual agent? Are you getting an error when trying to access it?

Matt DiMichele

Message 17 of 23
hayk.manukyan

I'm a high school student and I  got same problem

Message 18 of 23
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: hayk.manukyan

Hi @hayk.manukyan,

Have you already tried temporarily disabling your anti-virus and firewall before downloading the installer from the Virtual Agent as well. What exact error or problem are you getting? Let us know how it goes. Thank you, 

Jeffrey Sin

Message 19 of 23
timonlp2003

I have the same problem because NetFrame Work disabled

If you're using windows 8 or 10, you have to Enable NetFrame Work 3.5 so you can install Max

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0phXUCWdHE

Message 20 of 23
nepaycheck

Got it working now

thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report